The Game of Life is…
* an ~observe-your-own-adventure~ (?) made up of short iphone clips
* different each time you watch it
* semi-indeterminate; structured randomization
* best seen (only seen?) on a browser, not a phone, ironically
* permanently hosted at thegameoflife.website
The 1966 hardcover third printing of the RAND Corporation’s classic A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates. All of the zeroes on the first 53 pages have been covered with Wite-Out.
Zach Scott lives in Chicago. His process almost always involves a computer at some point. Zach’s current focus is on translating some of the processes and themes he’s developed through his earlier web-focused work into physical installations. He thinks about and uses: Loops as compositional elements and processes Indeterminate/aleatoric composition Randomness Noise (both visual and generated audio) Raspberry Pi, Linux, Python, Sensors Speech recognition and Text-To-Speech